SCA KIT (Sinus Crestal Approach)
Sinus Crestal Approach Origin since 2008
15,000 sales in 70 countries, 100,000 cases in 70 countries
|Special S Reamer
S Reamer has special structure, so even if reamer touches membrane directly, it’s safe. And stopper system makes safer drilling.
Thin Bone Layer
During drilling, S Reamer always makes thin bone layer between reamer and membrane. So reamer never touches sinus membrane directly, it’s safer
1. Initial Drill
Make a position and drill to the front of the inferior cortical wall(“D”)
– Stopper : Depth(“D”) less 1~2mm
– Speed : 1,200RPM
2. Surgical Drill (not included Kit)
Widening hole for easy bone insertion later
3. S Reamer
Drill inferior cortical wall and lift sinus membrane about 1mm
– Stopper : Same length as depth if you don’t feel the perforation of the inferior cortical wall, change stopper to depth + 1mm
4. Depth Gauge
Check the inferior wall’s perforation by hanging the end of the depth gauge in the sinus wall
– Stopper : Depth + 1mm
5. Bone Carrier + Condenser
Fill carrier and insert bone graft (0.05cc)
Push bone graft into sinus(Condenser)
– Stopper : Same length as depth
6. Bone spreader
Spread the bone laterally in sinus area wall(“D”)
Use the bone spreader after inserting bone twice(more than 0.1cc)
– Stopper : Depth + 1mm
– Spedd : 80rpm
7. Final drill
Final drilling and counter sink or tap drill (dpending on bone density)
Place an CMI implant
1. The residual bone height of #26 and 27 were estimated as 8.2mm and 6.4mm respectively. It was required the membrane to lift up about 4~6mm
3. Mount 1mm longer stopper than the drilling length in step 2 on the 3.6mm S-reamer.
5. Use the drilling speed at 800 ~ 1,200 rpm with copious irrigation. Stopper provides you the safe operation. It is possible to feel perforation while drilling. Drill comfortably with perpendicularity pressure
2. Drill 1mm shorter than residual bone height until 3.8mm drill in diameter.
4. If the inferior cortical wall does not perforate until stopper reaches to crestal bone, drill again using the 1mm longer stopper mounted in S-reamer
6. Eash of them were perforated at 9mm and 7mm. To confirm membrane of cortical wall, residual bone must be checked by depth gauge carefully and exactly. Do not feel membrane with Depth gauge.
7. As the sinus membrane is lifted up about 4 to 6mm to an apical direction, the fixture specification is 5.0 in diameter x 11.5mm in length.
9. After inserting the suitable bone, insert the bone in the sinus with the bone condenser which combined with stopper
11. Recommend to use the bone spread with stopper in order to spread the inserted bone laterally ate every 0.2 ~ 0.3cc bone packing.
8. Insert the bone material till height you want continually.
10. Pack the bone in sinus with stopper mounted on bone condenser. The stopper size should be same as the residual bone height.
12. More than 3mm membrane elevation is required at first bone spread using. At every 0.2cc ~ 0.3cc bone insertion, required to spread the bone in sinus.
13. If the crest cortical bone density is the D2 level, the countersink is needed. Even though the hole was drilled smaller than expectation, it is possible to countersink as this drill is pointed.
15. Place a 5.0 x 11.5mm Neo CMI implant to obtain the initial fixation and self-compaction on D4 bone.
17. The image of completed prosthetic dentistry
14. Implant insertion : Use the suitable S-reamer and place Neo CMI implant fixture to obtain the initial fixation and self-compaction on D4
16. Point of view on mouth and radiation(X-ray) after rebuilding prosthetic dentistry.